Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Why blog now?

So this is my attempt at actually blogging and maintaining my blog. I've tried it a couple times before, but I never seemed to stick with it. Perhaps it was the fact that my life was never interesting enough to actually have something interesting to write about, or that I was utterly consumed by my oh so interesting life (I like to think the latter), who really knows, anyway this will be my second attempt at blogging.

So why blog now? Well, I figured that the next three years are probably going to be three of the most pivotal years of my life, so why not document this journey for my memory, and for others going through the same experience. These next three years are the last frontier for me reaching my life long goal, becoming a LAWYER! For as long as I can remember I have wanted to become a lawyer. In my 6th grade yearbook next to my very unattractive picture I have "Future Goal: Lawyer".

I still ask myself how in the hell did I EVEN know what a lawyer was at 11 years old! I put partial blame on my parents divorce as that was my first experience with lawyers, but I know for a fact that I did not understand the complexities of law and the duties of being a lawyer. So why at 11 years old would I have that profession as my future goal? Honestly, I still have absolutely NO IDEA! 12 years later and 3 years of legal experience behind me I think I finally understand the hard work and commitment it takes to become and BE a lawyer.

The reason I titled my blog "Thinking like a Lawyer" is because the majority of attorneys I have spoke with have told me that law school does not prepare you for the practice of law, but rather it gives you the ability to "Think like a Lawyer". Law school provides structure and teaches you how to think critically, analytically, and methodically. This concept is interesting to me because, is it really possible for the trials and tribulations that have molded my way of thinking for the past 22 years be completely outweighed by 3 years of law school. Well, I will soon be finding out!!

I hope to create a blog that can help answer questions for future law students and to give an inside perspective to law school. Anyway, that is all for now. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment